Petzl I'D Descender-Small
You'll never see our students without a Petzl I'D and it is an absolute must for our contracting work sites!
Self-braking descender with anti-panic function, with multi-function handle that allows descent control, easier movement on inclined or horizontal terrain and positioning at the work station without the need to tie off the device. The anti-panic function only activates if the user pulls too hard on the handle. The I'D S descender has an anti-error catch to reduce the chance of an accident, and a gate that helps prevent dropping the device and facilitates rope installation when passing intermediate anchors.
- Multi-function handle allows the user to:
- unlock the rope and control the descent with the hand on the free end of the rope
- move more easily on horizontal or inclined terrain, thanks to the button on the handle
- position himself at the work station without having to tie off the device
- Anti-panic function activates if the user pulls too hard on the handle: it brakes and stops the descent automatically
- Anti-error catch to reduce the risk of an accident due to incorrect installation of the device on the rope The shape of the cam is designed to improve rope glide when ascending
- The gate on the moving side plate helps prevent dropping the device and facilitates rope installation when passing intermediate anchors
- Pivoting cam facilitates taking up the slack in the rope.
- The moving side plate locks with a screw, allowing the I’D S to be integrated into rescue kits
- Lowers heavy loads up to 250 kg (only for expert users; consult the Instructions for Use for the device at www.petzl.com)
- Available in two colors: yellow and black
- Check out the video here: https://www.petzl.com/US/en/Professional/Descenders/I-D-S
- Min. rope diameter: 10 mm
- Max. rope diameter: 11,5 mm
- Weight: 530 g
- Certification(s): EN 341 classe A, CE EN 12841 type C, ANSI Z359.4, NFPA 1983 Technical Use, EAC