Petzl AM'D Carabiner
The ultimate carabiner used on the Pacific Ropes training and contracting team!
Asymmetrical aluminum carabiner.
The asymmetrical aluminum Am'D carabiner has a D shape particularly suited for connection to diverse equipment such as descenders or positioning lanyards. Its fluid interior design and Keylock system facilitate manipulations. The Am’D carabiner is available in three locking systems: SCREW-LOCK manual system or TRIACT-LOCK and BALL-LOCK automatic systems.
- D shape is particularly suited for connection to equipment such as descenders or positioning lanyards
- Aluminum carabiner whose light weight reduces the weight of equipment the worker at height needs to carry
- May be used with a CAPTIV positioning bar to favor loading of the carabiner along the major axis, to limit the risk of it flipping and to keep it integrated with the device
- Easier handling:
- fluid interior design limits the risk of having a catch point and facilitates rotation of the carabiner
- Keylock system to avoid any involuntary snagging of the carabiner
- H cross-section:
- ensures an improved strength-to-weight ratio
- protects markings from abrasion
- Available in three different locking systems:
- TRIACT-LOCK: automatic locking with triple-action gate opening
- BALL-LOCK: automatic locking with triple-action gate opening, with lock indicator
- SCREW-LOCK: the manual screw-lock with red band provides a visual warning when the carabiner is unlocked
- Also available in black (TRIACT-LOCK and SCREW-LOCK)
- Material(s): aluminum
- Certification(s): CE EN 362, EAC, NFPA 1983 Technical Use