TEXORA BLACK MAMBA SLING200405
Built for extreme work environments, Texora’s Black Mamba represents a breakthrough in technical safety and versatility. Its para-aramid fiber core has a 450ºC (842ºF) melting point, and high durability. The PES elastane sheath protects and contains the inner fibers in a lightweight, low-profile, and easy to handle package. Classified to EN standards for two person loads and rated to 49 kN (11,016 LBF) MBS, the Mamba is burly for anchor building and compact enough to carry on the harness or in a pocket. It’s the ideal tool for rescue and access in harsh conditions.
The breaking force of this equipment exceeds requirements of the listed standards, yet it remains supple, lightweight, and low volume. Black Mamba slings are firm and flexible, maintaining their shape when wrapping around overhead structures or getting into hard to reach places. Their high strength opens options for using choker configuration (girth hitch). There is no heavy hardware to carry and maintain, and it packs down nicely for transport. The expected lifespan of the Mamba is three years from the date of first use or 5 years from the date of manufacture, provided all instructions of use, maintenance, and storage have been followed and all controls have been carried out (primary limitation is UV exposure).
- Versatile anchor sling and lanyard for rescue and access
- Strong and durable with 49 kN MBS (11,016 LBF) end to end
- Classified to EN standards and rated for a two-person load
- Internal core: Para-Aramid Fiber, melting point 450ºC (842ºF)
- External cover: Polyester Elastane Sheath, melting point 230ºC (446ºF)
- Core is resistant to cuts, impacts, abrasion, fire, and acids
- Lightweight and compact, carry on harness or in a pocket
- Sheath provides smooth handling and protects surfaces
- Firm and flexible, easy to manipulate for hard to reach places
- High strength opens options for choker configuration (girth hitch)
- 3 year lifespan from first use, 5 year lifespan from date of manufacture
- EN 795:2012 Type B
- EN 354:2010
- CEN TS 16415:2013 (2 people)
Tying Knots: Texora recently confirmed the following information regarding tying knots in slings.
- Texora recommends using an approved carabiner to join two slings together. Follow best practices for properly loading carabiners.
- Texora does not allow tying knots in slings or tying two slings together because it significantly reduces breaking strength.
- Texora has ONE specific exception – Compact Slings can be joined together using a Strop Bend (NOT approved for Mamba or Wire Slings).
- Texora allows girth hitching slings around anchors (choker) per the product manual. The minimum anchor diameter for Wire Slings is 12 mm or ½ in.
Edge Protection: It is essential to follow best practices for inspecting equipment, placing slings around low diameter structures, and using edge protection. The Black Mamba’s polyester sheath is not a replacement for edge protection. It encapsulates the strength-bearing para-aramid core and is designed for limited protection against the elements. If proper edge protection is neglected, the sheath can be damaged to the point of needing retirement. Always evaluate the anchor and environment, utilizing appropriate edge protection for the application. Take care of the Mamba and the Mamba will take care of you. See the user manual for details.