TEXORA TX/L WIRE SLING200402
Strong, durable, and easy to use, the TX/L Wire Sling is designed for building versatile anchors in rescue and rope access. Rated for a two-person load, the TX/L Wire Sling has an internal core of galvanized steel wire that is looped 12 times to generate a 50 kN MBS (end to end configuration) and make the load bearing elements resistant to heat, abrasion, cuts, and impacts. A polyester sleeve surrounds the wire loops to protect them from damage, make them easy to handle, and prevent them from damaging finished surfaces. There is a built-in inspection window for checking the internal wire. By rotating the wire cores out of the window and back into the sleeve, a full evaluation can be performed for each strand in the wire loop.
The Wire Sling hybrid construction offers more resistance to mechanical damage than a textile sling yet remains flexible for numerous applications. It is firm and flexible, maintaining its shape when wrapping around overhead structures and getting into hard to reach places. Its high strength opens options for using choker configuration (girth hitch) and the 2mm wire diameter allows the TX/L Wire Sling to be wrapped around low diameter structures without kinking or bending. Lightweight and low volume, these slings have no heavy hardware attached and pack down nicely for transport.
- Versatile anchor sling and lanyard for rescue and access
- Ultra strong and durable with 50 kN MBS (11,240 LBF)
- Rated for a two-person load (CEN TS 16415)
- Internal core: 12 loops of galvanized steel wire
- External cover: polyester sleeve for added protection
- Wire core resists damage from heat, abrasion, cuts, and impacts
- Lightweight and low volume with no heavy hardware
- Firm and flexible, easy to manipulate for hard to reach places
- High strength opens options for choker (girth hitch)
- 2mm diameter wires can anchor around small structures
- Sleeve provides easy handling and protects surfaces
- Max temperature rating of 150 deg C (302 deg F)
- Built-in inspection window for checking wires
- Multicolor design for easy visibility
- EN 795:2012 Type B
- CEN TS 16415:2013 (2 people)
Tying Knots: Texora recently confirmed the following information regarding tying knots in slings.
- Texora recommends using an approved carabiner to join two slings together. Follow best practices for properly loading carabiners.
- Texora does not allow tying knots in slings or tying two slings together because it significantly reduces breaking strength.
- Texora has ONE specific exception – Compact Slings can be joined together using a Strop Bend (this is NOT approved for Mamba or Wire Slings).
- Texora allows girth hitching slings around anchors (choker) per the product manual. The minimum anchor diameter for Wire Slings is 12 mm or ½ in.
Edge Protection: It is essential to follow best practices for inspecting equipment, placing slings around low diameter structures, and using edge protection. The polyester sheath is not a replacement for edge protection. It encapsulates the strength-bearing wire core and is designed for limited protection against the elements. If proper edge protection is neglected, the sheath can be damaged to the point of needing retirement. Always evaluate the anchor and environment, utilizing appropriate edge protection for the application. Take care of the Wire Sling and the Wire Sling will take care of you. Refer to the user manual for more information.